[plt-scheme] Installation problem of PLT scheme v201 with win2000 + SP3

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 11 07:28:31 EDT 2002

Pekka Niiranen wrote:
> When I run PLT-201.exe in windows 2000 (with Service pack 3 installed)
> the installation program stops at 17 %.  The file it is working on is
> collects\framework\gui-utils.ss. What happens is that installation software
> creates file ~GLH007b.tmp in that directory and the filesize keeps
> increasing
> until harddisk is full. My file increased to > 1 GB. Eternal loop ?

The installer uses the Wise installation
system, so it's not under Scheme control.
[Read: I don't know what's going wrong.]
I haven't heard of this error before.

Just to be sure the file isn't corrupt,
could you try re-downloading and re-installing?

Did you use the single installation file, or
the floppy-sized installation files?

-- Paul