[plt-scheme] MrEd and Xemacs

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 3 15:44:19 EDT 2002

At Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:10:49 +0200, Rolf Wester wrote:
> [Please handle PLT Scheme list administrative tasks through the Web:
>
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to run DrScheme in Xemacs but without the tarnsparent REPL. I
> like incremental interactive development and I would like to do  this not
> only mith mzscheme but also when using the graphical toolkit.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rolf Wester

Interesting. I have programmed in Schemes and [Lucid]Emacs for some 18 years
with incremental REPL. I don't miss it. (There are other things I miss.]

What we are missing in the transparent REPL is the idea of carrying GUI state
forward between different Executes. One day we will get to the transparency
I envisioned in 89 :"-)

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.