[plt-translators] Translations for test engine

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 22 12:44:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Apr 22, Robby Findler wrote:
>>
>> But, as far as dependencies go, string-constants should depend on
>> relatively few things (hopefully just mzscheme), so making more
>> things depend on string-constants should be doable... I hope?
>
> IIRC, the obvious thing that broke stuff was accessing the preference
> file for the default language.  But there were some other dependency
> issues, though I don't remember exactly.

Oh, right. I didn't think of that as a dependency issue.

But yes, that suggests that Mike should use some other form of
parameterization (not the string-constants library per se), since he
does not want the language of the code to depend on a preference set
in the GUI.

Robby

Posted on the translators mailing list.