[plt-translators] english-string-constants.ss update

From: Philippe Meunier (meunier at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 5 01:58:43 EDT 2008

Eli Barzilay wrote:
>* You don't need to use the svn tree to translate: you don't need to
>  know svn, and you don't need a nightly build, for people who don't
>  like using that.

Most of the svn stuff could be hidden under the GUI if necessary, for
people who don't want to see it.

>* It needs to keep data outside of svn -- if I edit a string in
>  english, you should be able to mark it off if the french string
>  should be the same.

You need something like svn anyway, otherwise multiple people might
end up editing english-string-constants.ss at the same time (or one of
the other files).  So it's svn or rolling your own locking / merge
system inside your web app.

>But I definitely don't have time for that...

Me neither.  This might actually be a nice little project for an
undergrad, or even something we could propose on the plt-scheme list
to see if there is interest...

Philippe

Posted on the translators mailing list.