[plt-translators] english-string-constants.ss update

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Aug 4 06:38:51 EDT 2008

On Aug  4, Philippe Meunier wrote:

> To be honest, I'm not interested in a tool that's going to nag me
> about doing something.

Well, "nag" means that the web page will list them as untranslated.

> >I imagine something like this with a web interface, which will boil
> >down to getting an email every once in a while, and doing most of
> >the work in the browser.
>
> I'd rather have a drscheme tool that works on a local copy of the
> svn tree.  For one thing, my internet connection sucks, and for
> another thing it would allow me to double check the result before
> doing a commit.

But a web page is the best tool for this:

* It's just text, so it won't be bad even with a modem.

* You don't need to use the svn tree to translate: you don't need to
  know svn, and you don't need a nightly build, for people who don't
  like using that.

* It needs to keep data outside of svn -- if I edit a string in
  english, you should be able to mark it off if the french string
  should be the same.

* It's open: anyone can translate anything (with some identification
  and not comitting things automatically).

But I definitely don't have time for that...