[plt-translators] english-string-constants.ss update

From: Philippe Meunier (meunier at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 1 19:07:49 EDT 2006

>+++ $PLTHOME/collects/string-constants/english-string-constants.ss	(working copy)
[...]
>+  (profj-language-config-display-field "Class + Fields") ; Class should not be translated
[...]
>+  (profj-language-config-testing-check "Allow check expression?") ; check should not be translated

Kathy,

Why do you write that "class should not be translated" and "check
should not be tranlsated"?  Because, if I have to translate those
sentences, the words "class" and "check" will definitely have to be
translated as well, otherwise in French the first translation is going
to look like it contains a typo and the translation of the second
sentence just won't make much sense.  So what's the reason behind
those comments?

Philippe

Posted on the translators mailing list.