[racket-dev] Release process for split repos

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 27 09:58:52 EST 2015

That sounds good to me.

One concern, though: it looks like recreating old releases requires that
all the participating repos (1) still exist, (2) have the same
name/location, and (3) still have the release tags. I'm not too worried
about (1) and (3), but I could see (2) happening if, e.g., a package
changes maintainer (and therefore location), or if we have to move away
from github at some point.

IIUC, archiving snapshots of the participating repos when the release is
finalized may solve that problem. Does that sound reasonable?

Vincent