[racket-dev] How to translate DrRacket GUI to another (human) language?

From: Antti Karttunen (antti.karttunen at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 5 11:15:07 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> A word of caution about *SL error messages. These messages are synthesized from fragments of sentences and then a global rewriter re-arranges them to improve their meaning based on work done by Guillaume Marceau, Kathi Fisler and Shriram (see SIGCSE 2010). The rewriter catches English phrases at the moment; you might be best off checking it out first.
>
> Sorry -- one day we'll get this aspect right -- Matthias

Well, thanks in any case! For the moment we decided to proceed with
the English version.

By the way, would it be a good idea to create a mailing list for
people who use (or intend to use) DrRacket in teaching, as separate
from an ordinary technical discussion? (I mean the main list.)

Here in Finland I know at least our team of three people who have
independently chosen (not knowing each other until quite recently)
DrRacket for teaching programming to (almost) complete beginners (not
CS-students), with encouraging results.

It would be nice to have a forum for sharing specific pedagogical tips
when using DrRacket, with people from all over the world.

Yours,

Antti Karttunen

Posted on the dev mailing list.