[racket-dev] BUG: busy-waiting

From: Jan Dvořák (mordae at anilinux.org)
Date: Wed Sep 3 16:52:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am hitting a rather uncomfortable bug that causes runtime to start
internal busy-waiting at around:

#0  scheme_block_until(_f=<syncing_ready>,
fdf=<scheme_syncing_needs_wakeup>)
    at ../src/thread.c:5199
#1  do_sync (name="sync", with_break=0, with_timeout=0)
    at ../src/thread.c:7109

It goes through ../src/thread.c:5190, which Matthew mentions in one of
his recent patches.

The code that manages to trigger this have been written under NDA and
cannot be published. I have not yet managed to reproduce the issue
separately, but it seems that this might not be the only instance:

    (09:28:36 PM) m4burns: Mordae: I'm having a similar problem
somewhere in
                           `inflate`. Haven't applied a debugger yet,
but
                           there's certainly no busy waiting in the
script.

I am stuck and would like to ask for your help.

Best regards,
Jan Dvorak

Posted on the dev mailing list.