[racket-dev] Errors compiling on cygwin

From: Saurabh T (saurabh at hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 31 11:31:32 EDT 2014

>  Hi,
>
> I downloaded racket-6.1-src-builtpkgs.tgz. According to src/README, this
> should be compilable on cygwin with --enable-shared. I did not have
> success doing so.
>
> The first problem was dynsrc/mzdyn.c failed to
> compile due to "expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘(’ token"
> error at schemex.h:1004. The line here reads
> (*scheme_jit_find_code_end)(void *p);
> I grepped some and stuck a void* in front of it, and compilation went ahead.
>
> But then it failed with "'WINDOWS_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)" at eval.c:546
> intptr_t sz = WINDOWS_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE;

To update, I went ahead and copied the macro from where it was defined for windows over to the cygwin section. The next errors were due to three consecutive assignments in schemex.inc that were accessing undefined functions (ones related to "freeze" or "frozen" - unfortunately I don't have the code right now), so I commented those lines out. Now I have a successful link, except it segfaults during make install. This is because this target runs the racketcgc (spelling?) executable, which immediately seg faults (I tried running it in the shell to be sure).

I hope someone has more clues about this. Thank you.