[racket-dev] crash running raco setup with racket 6.1

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 06:59:38 EDT 2014

Hi David,

FWIW here is how I built the libraries for DrRacket from scratch on OS X.
I found out that it was important that the libcairo loaded by DrRacket
was built with the same versions of the "helper libraries" that
DrRacket loads.

The readme has the details:
    https://github.com/soegaard/racket-osx-libs

It might me worth doubling checking that the versions of the shared
libaries that Racket loads matches your expectations.

Then again, maybe there were an API change in Cairo that
caused the problem - and if so the above is irrelevant.

/Jens Axel

> David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:
>>
>> As a point of information, I can duplicate the crash with yesterdays
>> snapshot (20141022-d9f2a84).  I didn't bother getting a backtrace there,
>> but I can if it would help.
>
> I verified that the version of libcairo2 is what makes a difference.
> Installing Debian version 1.12.16-5 made the racket build work again
> both for 6.1 and for the snapshot. Alas that's not going to be a
> feasible strategy for the official Debian builds.

>   Racket Developers list:
>   http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev

Jens Axel Søgaard