[racket-dev] advice on the 6.x build system.

From: David Bremner (david at tethera.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 11:56:51 EDT 2014

Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

> Meanwhile, I haven't answered your original question. Can you remind me
> of the specific steps that I'd need to follow to try the script that
> you sent before?

With your indulgence, I'll just answer this part now. I have re-included
the Makefile as an attachment, since make is fussy about whitespace.

Save the attached file to e.g. /tmp/test.mk

In a recent checkout of the release branch,

% make -f /tmp/test.mk build-indep-stamp

the resulting build of racket will be in test-dest, in the top level
directory of racket. For me, test-dest/usr/bin only has racket and raco
in it.