[racket-dev] Splitting the Racket repository

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 30 12:14:12 EST 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt
> <samth at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
>>
>> All the history for the code has been preserved, and for code that
>> dates back before 2005, the history is extended back to the original
>> CVS repository. See https://github.com/racket/games/ for an example of
>> this.
>
> There's a failure in the import -- if you look at the commits of this
> repo (https://github.com/racket/games/commits/master), then starting
> from Robby's commit from Jul 17 ("add a contract to make-card...") and
> going back, the "original commit" references are all bogus.

I've now fixed this (with an assist from Matthew). If you look at that
commit again, it should reference an "original commit" that you can
find in `plt/racket`.

Furthermore, I've renamed the repository with the history. It's now here:
  github.com/samth/plt-history

It has the original commit for everything that ends up in a split. It
also has some instructions on how to see the history including all the
original commits.

Thanks for noticing the error.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.