[racket-dev] DrRacket PF1 Search Bug?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 21 08:46:20 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> No, the browser isn't hiding the query part.
>>
>> Here are the content of two script files:
>>
>> $  cat a.scrpt
>> open location "file:///Applications/r/doc/search/index.html?q=xyz"
>> $  cat b.scrpt
>> open location "file:///Users/robby/Library/Racket/development/doc/search/index.html?q=xyz"
>>
>> Running "osascript a.scrpt" doesn't work, but running "osascript
>> b.scrpt" does work. And by "work" I mean that in both cases the
>> corresponding webpage is visited in Safari, but in the first case, the
>> q parameter disappears.
>
> Not that it matters, but did you try to see if it's the file
> permissions?

Oh, they are!

$  ls - at l /Users/robby/Library/Racket/development/doc/search/index.html
-rw-r--r--  1 robby  staff  5386 Nov 19 14:00
/Users/robby/Library/Racket/development/doc/search/index.html
$  ls - at l /Applications/r/doc/search/index.html
-rw-r--r--@ 1 robby  admin  4929 Nov 20 03:41
/Applications/r/doc/search/index.html
com.apple.quarantine   67

And that was it!!

If I run:

  $ xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/r/doc/search/index.html

then osascript works again!

> Another thing: I googled "osascript open url drops query" and got a
> bunch of racket results, and dropping "osascript" make the results more
> sensible.  So perhaps "osascript" is outdated?  Some more searching
> makes it look like you can just run the open command directly, and that
> might make a difference.

It's the same.

... I don't know the ramifications of just calling "xattr" from inside
DrRacket to fix things up. It may be better to just create the file in
the user's directory instead.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.