[racket-dev] using module system for alternate namespaces

From: Dan Liebgold (dan.liebgold at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 4 14:02:37 EST 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> What this really shows is how bad the choice of load was. I would bet a
> beer or something that you'll find #lang/require and friend will eventually
> make your life easier and happier.

Ouch. I'm going to need that beer sooner rather than later :p

This has actually become one of our biggest pain points. I'm not at all
sure that #lang/require can do what we want. Conceptually it seems fairly
clear, but pragmatically I haven't been able to find the right approach.
Essentially what 'load' did and continues to do is let us close the last
10%-20% functionality gap in our tool in a quick and straightforward manner
(the term 'hack' does come to mind); mainly by allowing those arbitrary
side effects to be collected as necessary.

--
Dan Liebgold    [dan.liebgold at gmail.com]