[racket-dev] [DrDr] R28812 (timeout 1) (unclean 6) (stderr 7) (changes 17)

From: Eric Dobson (eric.n.dobson at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 28 00:15:02 EDT 2014

+dev in case others have likely insights.

Recap:
TR's with contracts unit test is failing. I have diagonsed the issue
to the bindings in the test case are not the same as expected, and
syntax parse doesn't match them. I have made a reasonably minimal test
case, and figure out that the line that is causing it is
"(use-compiled-filepaths null)". I believe that this shouldn't cause
semantic changes, so I'm wondering if any one can give any insight as
to why this could cause problems.

Reduced test case (Checkout the branch):
https://github.com/shekari/racket/tree/namespace-issues
Run: racket -l tests/typed-racket/with-tr-contracts

Code that is not matching the binding:
https://github.com/shekari/racket/blob/namespace-issues/pkgs/typed-racket-pkgs/typed-racket-lib/typed-racket/typecheck/tc-app/tc-app-values.rkt#L45

Actual rackunit test case:
https://github.com/shekari/racket/blob/namespace-issues/pkgs/typed-racket-pkgs/typed-racket-test/tests/typed-racket/unit-tests/typecheck-tests.rkt#L481

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Eric Dobson <eric.n.dobson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Confirmed that this is not about contracts, it is about the
> namespacing that is being done.
>
> Some how the `values` that is in the test case doesn't have the right
> binding when done throught with-tr-contracts. This causes us to use
> the regular app typechecking instead of the one specialized for values
> which is why the result changes. I'm actually suprised that no other
> tests fail.
>
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Eric Dobson <eric.n.dobson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not able to replicate this on my local machine, nor does it make
>> sense for one unit test to fail because of a bad value is returned
>> because contracts are turned on. Any insight into what could be
>> causing this?
>>
>> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:07 AM,  <drdr at racket-lang.org> wrote:
>>> DrDr has finished building push #28812 after 3.40h.
>>>
>>> http://drdr.racket-lang.org/28812/
>>>
>>> A file you are responsible for has a condition that may need inspecting.
>>>   stderr:
>>>     http://drdr.racket-lang.org/28812/pkgs/typed-racket-pkgs/typed-racket-test/tests/typed-racket/with-tr-contracts.rkt

Posted on the dev mailing list.