[racket-dev] Easy disassembly of JIT-compiled procedures

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Sun May 25 23:04:33 EDT 2014

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM, Greg Hendershott
<greghendershott at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Testing of the new code (which is on by default) on platforms other
>> than x86-64 Linux would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I tried and it works great on OS X, for untyped Racket.
>

> As for Typed Racket, I tried:

[something totally reasonable]

Unfortunately, I think that making disassembly for contracted
functions work would be both tricky, and not as helpful as you'd want,
since showing the behavior of the contract at the JIT level is not
trivial.  So for the moment, I think this is just not going to work.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.