[racket-dev] Machinery for eliding contracts

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 9 13:13:31 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-09 00:19:40 -0700, Eric Dobson wrote:
> One issue I see is that we need an unforgeable property that the value
> actually came from the typed world so we know that eliding the new
> contract is safe.
>
> Does this seem like a reasonable thing to support/do people see issues with it?

A potentially useful generalization of this that's not just for TR is to
avoid duplicate complex check ons values (no types involved), making
complicated contracts more feasible.

Imagine a contract that parses a string to see if it is a valid IP
address, for example.

Would this only work for higher-order/behavioral values/types though?
(i.e., not my IP example)

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.