From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 5 23:43:52 EST 2014

On 01/05/2014 06:00 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Sun, 05 Jan 2014 15:18:51 -0700, Neil Toronto wrote:
>> How does DrRacket look on Retina displays now?
>
> It's getting there. Remaining problem include the GC icon and some
> part(s) of the process to show bitmaps in the interactions window.

`images/icons/symbol' has `recycle-icon', but I'm guessing there's more
pain than just making one. IIRC, the garbage collector itself draws it,
which is a bit icky. I remember not replacing that icon because,
frankly, I was afraid of the GC code.

FWIW, I looked over your changes to `images' and approve of them all. :)
Also, the "icons are already being rendered at 2x resolution" thing I
wrote in the private email wasn't quite true. Anything drawn using the
icon cache is drawn at least 32px high, and the DrRacket toolbar icons
are 18px IIRC. So it was mostly true for those and other
style-consistent toolbar icons, but not for logos, or for the little
feet in the steppers. But that's okay - they don't take long and are
done at compile time.

>> Can you post part of a screenshot?
>
> Here's a full screenshot (2880x1800):
>
>   http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/tmp/screen.png

Neeet!

Plots should look wonderful now, too. The 3D plots are low-res when
they're being rotated, but that's intentional.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.