[racket-dev] Racket head fails to compile

From: Paulo J. Matos (paulo at matos-sorge.com)
Date: Sun Feb 9 03:35:03 EST 2014

On 09/02/14 00:03, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> There should be many more flags passed to `gcc`, including some -I
> flags and some -D flags.
>
> Is something in your environment overriding the CFLAGS definition in
> the makefile? Normally, a definition in the makefile would take
> precedence over an environment variable, but maybe something else is
> taking precedence over the definition?

Doh, right. I assumed for no good reason racket would behave the same
way my usual project does and use env CFLAGS as the optimization flags
used for compilation. Any other env variable the racket build system
uses for me to add additional compilation flags? (for example to build
with `-O2 -ftree-vectorize` or `-O0 -g3`)

After some thought shouldn't -D... and -I... flags be controlled by
CPPFLAGS and not CFLAGS such that overriding CFLAGS would still leave
CPPFLAGS intact?

--
PMatos