[racket-dev] new package system collections and conflicts

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 3 10:02:26 EST 2014

Your frustration is understandable given the lack of charity I've
shown in this thread. I apologize and promise to try to be better.

I know I'm repeating myself annoyingly, but I think the most
productive way to move forward is if you could identify problems that
you're trying to solve where the package system is getting in the way.
We can then work together to figure out a solution.

I suspect that the majority of the problems you see now are due to my
failure to explain the purpose of the package system and its relation
to Planet.

I hope to write a blog post in the very near future that explains the
relationship between Planet and the package system. I intend to sketch
how the latter can emulate the former in a near-perfect manner. My
hope is that this post will help explain the package system and show
that it does not prevent you from doing anything that Planet let you
do, it only allows you to do more.

I'm very sorry for my annoyed responses earlier. I'm grateful for your
contributions to the Racket ecosystem.

Love always,

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the dev mailing list.