[racket-dev] Refactoring Idea

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 28 11:03:58 EDT 2014

I guess this would work best if DrRacket were given a package (and it
could infer the current package from the location of the file being
edited).

So if someone wants to implement a function that, given a package spec
and a renaming and then does the work, I'd be happy to try to
integrate it into DrRacket proper. Also: "does the renaming" should
mean rewrite the files on the disk and rewrite the files that are open
in DrRacket and there is some interesting questions when the file is
open and the save file isn't up to date. DrRacket can easily supply a
list of text% objects that correspond to open files, however (and they
can be queried to find out if they are saved or what their content is,
etc).

Robby