[racket-dev] Cross compiling racket for Android

From: Szabolcs Berecz (szabolcs.berecz at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 14:20:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the latest Racket for Android using the instructions
in racket/src/README but I'm hitting the following error:

./if_mach SPARC SOLARIS arm-linux-androideabi-gcc  -c -o mach_dep2.o
../../../racket/gc/sparc_mach_dep.S
./if_mach: 1: ./if_mach: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

Which is caused by compiling if_mach using the cross compiler. I'm pretty
sure the problem is on my end, but I have no idea where to look.

This is the full output: https://gist.github.com/khernyo/6613001
This is a script I used for building:
https://gist.github.com/khernyo/6612979

The script first builds Racket for x86 which is then used to build the
Android version. It's probably not necessary, but I wanted to eliminate the
potential problems caused by using Racket v.5.3.4 which I have installed on
my system.

I also tried using this version:
https://github.com/plt/racket/commit/4e6e18119c0b85ac09b11fbb0c8941a7c520da08but
I get the same error. This version is supposed to work because this is
the commit which adds the instructions for compiling for Android.

Can you help me fix this problem?

Thanks,
Szabolcs