From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 17 08:31:26 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> In this particular case, if `raco setup` hadn't reported failure, the
> builds might have hobbled along; I'm not sure. The snapshot build
> generally relies on dependencies being accurate, and I don't think it's
> worth thinking hard about which inaccuracies might be survivable for a
> distribution build.

Can you say more about how the dependency info is used in the snapshot
build process? In this case, I would think that the minimal build
doesn't include either package involved in this, and the regular build
includes both. Would that mean that the dependency error wouldn't
break things?  Or are there other uses of the dependency info in the
snapshot process?

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.