[racket-dev] Installing subsets of Racket

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 11:04:49 EDT 2013

Hi Laurent,

I think that the solution to this are "binary" builds.... versions of
a package that only have the bytecode and documentation.

We're a bit behind on binary builds, because when they were discussed
for the main repository [1] they were rejected. I hope to be able to
still provide them for ring-0 packages through the results of DrDr
running tests (and thus compiling) on those packages, but it's in the
future.

The result would be that when you installed a package in "binary"
form, you would only get the "deps" and not the "build-deps". (And
you'd probably get those in binary form too.)

Jay

1. http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@racket-lang.org/msg08879.html

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>