[racket-dev] info.rkt `deps` and new #:version keyword: Backward compatibility?

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 3 09:57:56 EDT 2013

Hmm, then maybe I'm misdiagnosing the error.

If you were to try doing

  raco pkg install frog

using 5.3.90.9 from HEAD as of a few days ago, you would see something
like this:

greg at halo:~$ ~/src/plt/racket/racket/bin/raco pkg install frog
Resolving "frog" via https://pkg.racket-lang.org
Downloading https://github.com/greghendershott/frog/tarball/fecbe1d75632231eb7af70ef00ad31e95dda2cad
The following uninstalled packages are listed as dependencies of frog:
   markdown
Would you like to install these dependencies? [Y/n/a/?] y
Resolving "markdown" via https://pkg.racket-lang.org
Downloading https://github.com/greghendershott/markdown/tarball/6f1d1e6578c6d6f832357a81484ee427b6a2fc21
The following uninstalled packages were listed as dependencies
and they were installed:
 dependencies of frog:
   markdown
raco setup: version: 5.90.0.9 [3m]
raco setup: installation name: development
raco setup: variants: 3m
raco setup: main collects: /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/collects
raco setup: collects paths:
raco setup:   /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/collects
raco setup: main pkgs: /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/share/pkgs
raco setup: pkgs paths:
raco setup:   /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/share/pkgs
raco setup:   /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/share/devel-pkgs
raco setup:   /home/greg/.racket/development/pkgs
raco setup: links files:
raco setup:   /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/share/links.rktd
raco setup:   /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/share/devel-pkgs/links.rktd
raco setup:   /home/greg/.racket/development/links.rktd
raco setup: main docs: /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/doc
raco setup: --- updating info-domain tables ---
raco setup: updating: /home/greg/src/plt/racket/racket/share/info-cache.rktd
raco setup: --- pre-installing collections ---
raco setup: --- installing foreign libraries ---
raco setup: --- installing shared files ---
raco setup: --- compiling collections ---
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/_src
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/_src/posts
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/_src/subdir
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/css
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/fonts
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/img
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/example/js
raco setup: making: <pkgs>/frog/frog
raco setup:  in <pkgs>/frog/frog
raco setup:  in <pkgs>/markdown/markdown
raco setup:  in <pkgs>/frog
application: no case matching 1 non-keyword argument
  procedure: collection-file-path
  arguments...:
   "info.rkt"
   #:fail #<procedure:...tup/collects.rkt:31:32>

Although I didn't know how to dig into that error message, I
remembered seeing "#:version" in Jay's presentation 30 minutes
previously, and I jumped to the conclusion it was due to this.

The same `raco pkg install frog` works fine with 5.3.6, and IIRC
worked fine with 5.3.90.?? until recently.