[racket-dev] Generics updates

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 2 15:23:07 EDT 2013

Regarding a point from RacketCon, I don't like that gen:set includes
functions like set-add! and set-remove!. I think that sets with
mutations are subclass of get:set and we should have a separate
gen:mset (or something) interface for mutable versions.

I dislike that an obvious implementation of sets, hash tables, are not
sets to gen:set, because there are operations that cannot be performed
on them.

I think that "X implements generic G" should imply "All functions of G
work on X". But this is not the case with gen:set and hasheq sets, for
instance.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>