[racket-dev] Racket 6 (git branch release), configure options and dependencies

From: Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado (iam at juanfra.info)
Date: Sat Nov 30 21:31:32 EST 2013

On 11/25/13 05:10, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> Hi. I'm compiling racket 6 (from the git branch "release") on OpenBSD.
>
> The configure script includes the options "enable-gracket" and
> "enable-docs" but I don't see the gracket binary and the docs installed
> after the installation. Someone forgot remove the options or these are
> usefull for something?.
>
> Another question. Racket 5.3 needs gtk, cairo, pango, gtkglext and so
> forth. What are the dependencies of racket core now?.

Nobody?

I'm asking because I would like to add support for more OpenBSD
platforms to racket. If I could to compile racket without the
dependencies, just with a C compiler, it will help me a lot.

I'm not interested in to give support to the GUI on some platforms
because probably nobody will run drracket on a headless computer :) .
And probably cairo or gtk will have problems on some old platforms, so
the package won't compile because doesn't have the dependencies.

So, basically I'm asking if racket 6 (and raco pkg) can work correctly
without gtk, cairo, pango and others deps. Obviously raco can't generate
docs but this isn't important. Any help?.

Posted on the dev mailing list.