[racket-dev] backwards incompatibility (was Re: `define-serializable-struct` and the `deserialize-info...` export)

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 8 20:18:10 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Yes. Even if (as in the future) the current ring-0 packages weren't all
> the same git repository, I'd certainly at least try building them with
> this change.
>
> I think that running all the tests in the same way that DrDr does is
> not yet easy, but I hope we're moving in the direction of making that
> easier, and then my process can improve.

Well, if you've built them, then can't just you just run "raco test -xp
<put package names here>" and come back in a bit?

> For now: I build, run some tests, and then push --- hoping that I can
> fix or revert quickly when DrDr uncovers problems.

Perhaps we should be thinking about generalizing the ring-0-based DrDr so
we can ask to try out changes?

I see that travis tries out pull requests on our repo so there is maybe
some prior art to exploit for ideas.

Robby