[racket-dev] how to test rackunit

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Tue Nov 5 20:16:09 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 10:48:39PM -0600, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> http://drdr.racket-lang.org/27688/pkgs/rackunit-pkgs/rackunit-test/tests/rackunit/run-tests.rkt
>
> One thing that you will see is that as part of testing there are some
> failing tests to see what happens, but the tests deliberately switch
> current-error-port with current-input-port so that it does not result
> in STDERR output that DrDr would count as a failure.

Jay, thanks for the information.  Reading about DrDr [1] was
enlightening.

I'm not sure this was your intention, but it confirmed for me that I
should be capturing the (standard & error) output of the 'raco test ...'
command before and after my changes to make sure the only changes are
those I intend.

David

[1] http://drdr.racket-lang.org/help

Posted on the dev mailing list.