[racket-dev] experiment reorganizing the repo into packages

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed May 29 14:31:08 EDT 2013

20 minutes ago, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> Yes. Package dependencies can be cyclic (unlike module
> dependencies), and packages can have cyclic build dependencies
> without cyclic run dependencies.

(*sigh*)  So the idea of acyclic package graph as module containers is
dead?

But to explain my sigh -- I'm not surprised given my other comment
(sent prematurely); I just hope to see it still as a desirable goal.
Maybe some quick package-level graph to show cycles and try to reduce
them at easy points?

(I think that still having lots of cycles will make things more
difficult with packages, so that will be one form of discouragement,
but there will also be problems that are harder to deal with.)