[racket-dev] Keywords

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 9 10:22:54 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Anything is open for discussion, but speaking for myself, I'm not
> interested in revisiting keyword syntax or case sensitivity.

I've always wondered why the syntax of keywords implied two elements: the
#:keyword and the identifier.
I find that quite heavy for procedure headers, and most of the time I use
the same symbol for the identifier and the keyword (and when I don't it's
because I'm simply lazy and use a shorter identifier).

Is there a rationale somewhere for that?
Would it be a bad idea for Racket2 to consider that keyword identifiers are
the same as the keyword without the `#:' ?

Laurent