[racket-dev] build: schemef.h -> schemex.h

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 10 20:56:36 EDT 2013

On 03/10/2013 06:14 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> 20 minutes ago, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>> The ubuntu ppa build has been failing for a while, and I finally
>> tracked it down to this issue: src/racket/src/schemef.h has a newer
>> timestamp than src/racket/src/schemex.h on a fresh git checkout from
>> github.
> This shouldn't be right.  Git doesn't track modification times
> (intentionally), so a fresh clone should have all of the dates be the
> same.  If you update the tree (eg, if you checkout a different
> branch), then files that were modified get a new date -- as usual.

Ok, good point. I think the issue is that I only do a 'git pull' on the machine that sends the plt tar to the ubuntu build machine, and so schemef.h was updated without schemex.h being rebuilt. This is likely only going to occur for people who have automated builds setup for racket, which is probably few. So I'll just go with the 'touch *' solution for now.

On the 'git pull' machine:

$ ls -l scheme*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jon jon 65162 Mar  1 01:00 schemef.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jon jon 58815 Feb 21 01:00 schemex.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jon jon 51616 Feb  1 14:12 schemex.inc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jon jon 54988 Feb  1 14:12 schemexm.h

Posted on the dev mailing list.