[racket-dev] take, drop, split-at, etc -- and argument order, again

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Mar 10 15:59:51 EDT 2013

9 hours ago, Laurent wrote:
> Just a side question:
> Would it be a bad idea to make a separate library that uses the
> normal names without f, so that people can write
> #lang racket
> (require racket/flist)
>
> ?
> or even use `prefix-in' if they prefer?

Something that comes up from time to time is the fact that we have
verbose names provided by libraries instead of you using your own
prefix.  IIUC, you're suggesting that together with smaller libraries
which is a next-major-version thing...

But as a side-side-note, there's of course a point in using both the
*f and the regular functions, so changing the require for a whole file
wouldn't be useful in general.