[racket-dev] using Racket to build an image-based Lisp: feasible?

From: Stephen Bloch (bloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 6 12:40:19 EST 2013

On Mar 6, 2013, at 11:54 AM, mikel evins <mevins at me.com> wrote:

> Rather than answer your questions directly, it seems much easier and more apropos to address the underlying assumption that images and source files are somehow mutually exclusive. They're not. Adding the ability to save and load images does not subtract the ability to work with source files. I don't know why people seem to think that.

I don't think anybody has said (or assumed) exactly that.  My concern would be that a workflow involving heavy use of images would TEND towards creating functionality for which there is no source code.

In other words, the images don't make it impossible to work with source files, but they make it possible and tempting to work without source files.  Is there a price to be paid for that, eventually?  I honestly don't know.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.