[racket-dev] Things we could move out of the core

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 28 14:38:03 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Did you consider moving "#lang mzscheme" out as well?

I've now created another pull request that does this, here:
https://github.com/plt/racket/pull/377

There's one remaining question.  The `make-base-namespace` procedure
provided by `mzscheme` attaches the `mzscheme` module.  But this pull
request removes that module, so it can't be attached or required in
this code.  The alternatives are:

1. Just attach/require `scheme/mzscheme`.  Slightly incompatible in
some corner cases.
2. Don't remove `mzscheme` from the core.
3. Remove `make*-namespace` from `scheme/mzscheme` and implement them
in the `mzscheme` collection in the `mzscheme` package.

I'm currently leaning toward 3 but I'd appreciate anyone else's thoughts.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.