[racket-dev] git submodule for native-library packages

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 30 17:44:37 EDT 2013

I looked into git-subtree, and as I recall it, nothing in the setup recalls
what subtree is used for what.  Every git-subtree command you enter has to
be fully explicit, which is a big hassle.  Whereas git-submodule saves its
state in the repository, so it knows what it's being used for and you only
need to do it once.  Hopefully I misunderstood git-subtree, but if I
didn't, I found its interface disappointing.

Carl Eastlund