[racket-dev] package-system update

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 21:52:21 EDT 2013

At Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:17:08 +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> Maybe I have missed it but is there, or will there be a documentation showing
> the dependency of packages. Like package B requires A C and recommends F.

We'll need documentation to say which package provides a given library.

I don't anticipate documentation for a package that says which other
packages it depends on, because that seems like an implementation
detail of the package. Similarly, the documentation for a library does
not specify what other libraries it imports --- only the bindings that
the library provides.

> As a side note I have a patch that puts all generated documentation to
> /usr/share/doc/packages as the Makefile 5.3.5 (also the previous ones) do not
> honor the command line given parameters to the make command. I can send the
> patch (which is trivial anyway) but I guess the when the system will be ready
> the whole Makefile will be different.

I think the new system is as ready as it's going to get without further
feedback, and my guess is that the problem hasn't been fixed. Can you
check with the latest?

Thanks!
Matthew

Posted on the dev mailing list.