[racket-dev] package-system update

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 16 19:29:47 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

>> 3(a) Speaking of which, I think there is some backlog of pull requests
>> on GitHub. Would it be simpler to to accept any more of these before
>> the source layout universe changes, or too much to deal with so punt
>> until later?  (I don't know either way, just wanted to point it out.)
>
> It doesn't matter to me. Pull requests based on a recent HEAD are
> obviously easier for me to deal with, but I can sort requests that are
> based on old file locations, too.

As the person who deals with GitHub pull requests most, I agree here.

> Of course, I'm not the only (or even main) person who deals with pull
> requests, so others will have to speak up if they have different
> opinions.

I think that major thing Greg points out is that there are a number of
PRs that need review, and hopefully people can look at them.  I've
tried to nag people on GitHub about this -- would it be more helpful
to do this by email?

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.