[racket-dev] package-system update

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 14 08:00:17 EDT 2013

At Sun, 14 Jul 2013 02:54:06 +0200, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> On 07/13/13 20:56, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> [...]
> > ** Downloading release installers from PLT
> >
> > The "www.racket-lang.org" site's big blue button will provide the same
> > installers that it does now, at least by default. That is, the content
> > provided by the installer --- DrRacket, teaching languages, etc. ---
> > will be pretty much the same as now.
> >

> Will be also available a big tarball with the source and all batteries
> included, like the actual "unix source"?. Will be possible to compile a
> full distro of racket with the usual "configure && make && make install"?

This was not been part of the plan. Now that you ask, though, I see how
it makes sense to package the core source together with package sources
for a given set of packages --- including the "main-distribution"
package, for a site that distributes "main-distribution" installers.

So, yes, we'll do that.

Posted on the dev mailing list.