[racket-dev] making DrRacket.app

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 8 11:39:27 EDT 2013

Offhand, I see one problem: `make' creates links with absolute paths to
the packages in "pkgs". I'll fix that and check for other problems.

It's possible that

  make pkg-links

in the new place will fix your problem.

If not, you may have to move before building, or try a snapshot from

  http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/

At Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:28:12 -0500, "Geoffrey S. Knauth" wrote:
> I admit I have not built DrRacket in a couple of months.  I just did a git
> pull, rebuilt ("make"), and now if I open:
>
>   ~/test/plt/git/plt/racket/DrRacket.app
>
> it runs, but if I move the racket directory to where I used to put it
> (/usr/local) and try running:
>
>   /usr/local/racket/DrRacket.app
>
> it doesn't start up.  I'm guessing this happened because "make" is the same as
> "make in-place" and I may have some kind of hard-coded path now in the build.
> Should I have built with a prefix /usr/local ("--prefix=/usr/local" ?).  I
> want "racket" directory built to end up in /usr/local .
>
> I used to do "make" and then "make install".  In between I would move
> /usr/local/racket to /usr/local/racket-old in case something went wrong and I
> needed to go back to the last successful build.
>
> Thanks,
> Geoff

Posted on the dev mailing list.