[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3.2

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jan 19 01:47:14 EST 2013

Two days ago, Ryan Culpepper wrote:

> eli:
>   - DMG improvements (baa0e126, 48380b48)

I don't think that this should be mentioned.  (Signed executables
could be worth though.)

> Nadeem Abdul Hamid:
>   - automatic paren mode improvements (8f3343cd)
>
> J. Ian Johnson:
>   - optimize singleton sequences (889f1591)
>
> Greg Hendershott:
>   - markdown rendering mode for Scribble (6aa6dc04)

(It's probably a good idea to CC contributors explicitly.)

Yesterday, Jay McCarthy wrote:

> * A new package system is in beta release. This system is a
>   successor to Planet, but is significantly different and in many
>   ways lower-level.

(I don't think that lower-levelness should be mentioned.)

>   Please read the documentation
>   [http://pre.racket-lang.org/docs/html/planet2/index.html]

This should be the final URL (http://docs.racke-lang.org/planet2).
Also, wasn't the collection supposed to be renamed "pkg"?

>   for more information and list your packages on the new index
>   [https://pnr.racket-lang.org/]. We anticipate it will leave beta
>   during the next release.

This "leave beta" thing sounds very confusing.

10 hours ago, Vincent St-Amour wrote:

> * Added `define-inline' which defines functions that are guaranteed
>   to be inlined.

-1 to including this.  (But I object to having it too.)