From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 27 09:36:55 EST 2013

On Feb 27, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> "Cross-phase-persistence-inducing" would be an accurate description,
> but that's a mouthful. Is there a short variant that connects to
> existing terminology better than "phase-collapsing"?

1. cropping [seriously]

2. I would stay away from characterizing a product via the absence of a property (phaseless).

3. On many occasions people ascribe a property to a description of a collection of artifacts that exists only in each and every artifact. This is especially true in CS/PL/OO. In this spirit, "cross-phase persistent module declaration" would work.

4. I still like phase-neutral because it is shorter and inspires the right kind of thought.

Posted on the dev mailing list.