[racket-dev] , en and enter! sometimes do nothing, and it's changing over releases?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Feb 10 18:52:32 EST 2013

An hour and a half ago, Asumu Takikawa wrote:
> On 2013-02-10 05:57:52 -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > Sorry that it has taken me so long to join in and that I overlooked the
> > PR way back in September.
>
> Thanks for the fix! On a related note, should any of the following
> interactions work?
>
> $ racket
> Welcome to Racket v5.3.3.1.
> -> (enter! (submod scheme/unit compat))
> ; module->namespace: unknown module in the current namespace

There is no such submodule, but

    (enter! (submod racket/unit compat))

does work, and incidentally, exposes the fact that xrepl doesn't show
a submodule path in its prompt, yet.  (I'm not sure how it would be
shown, btw, using the submod form is very verbose for a prompt.)

> -> (module foo racket (define x 3) (module bar racket (define x 5)))
> -> (enter! 'foo)
> 'foo> (enter! 'bar)
> ; module->namespace: unknown module in the current namespace
> ;   name: #<resolved-module-path:'bar>
> ; [,bt for context]
> 'foo> (enter! (submod "." bar))
> ; standard-module-name-resolver: no base path for relative submodule path:
> ;   (submod "." bar) [,bt for context]

I'm not sure about these, but IIRC, there was a similar question about
doing the same in drr.