[racket-dev] Running in DrRacket changes behavior of the `compiler/cm` library

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Sun Feb 3 19:01:57 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> The change to DrRacket that you suggest would have the effect of debugging
> annotations being forgotten for files that are already compiled by another
> route, so that seems wrong.

Ok, so I'll revert that particular change on my fork.

But there's still the problem of DrRacket recompiling stuff in PLaneT2
packages that it should not be touch.  Why?

[reading... reading...]

Ok, now I see.  DrRacket configures manager-skip-file-handler to
whitelist all the things in (find-collects-dir) as well as the PLaneT1
cache directory.  But this should be extended to include the PLaneT2
directories too.  In general, the compilation manager should avoid
anything in (find-system-path 'addon-dir).

I've done the following:

 https://github.com/dyoo/racket/commit/b9c286e8eccb831ef7f5c2a95fe206b6031684e6

How does this look?

Posted on the dev mailing list.