[racket-dev] Intermittent build error in docs db

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 20 16:43:26 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I now know that the more relevant error
> from SQLite is
>
>   some kind of disk I/O error occurred
>
> Somehow, this does not feel like progress.
>
> The error seems to happen only with read-only database connections,
> where using read-only connections is the recent change. If anyone with
> SQLite experience has an idea what might be wrong, I'd welcome advice.
> (The journal mode is DELETE.)

A few things on the internet that I found suggest that it's a problem
with not being able to write to the surrounding directory [1],
specifically to write the journal. Also that setting journal mode to
OFF will fix it, but that sounds scary.

Sam

[1] http://www.mitchsmind.com/sqliteexception-some-kind-of-disk-io-error-occurred-disk-io

Posted on the dev mailing list.