[racket-dev] release notes

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 20 09:07:39 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> I didn't track the TR commits as carefully as the other ones (sorry guys but
> you refactor a lot and it's hard to keep everything straight...) but I did
> see a bunch of optimizer related commits for TR and so I wondered if someone
> would try to do some benchmarking comparisons between 5.3.6 and the release
> candidate to see if anything sped up in a relatively impressive way.

I'll get a more general TR set of release notes, but I don't think the
optimizer commits are likely to have sped things up much on large
programs -- they mostly fixed corner case and bugs, and refactored for
clarity. It may be that some programs do see a speed-up, in which case
we can include a benchmark for that.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.