[racket-dev] Documentation

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 8 09:37:42 EST 2013

At Sun, 8 Dec 2013 11:09:39 +0100, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> In cases where the semantics of constructs are changed, should the
> documentation have a margin note stating the version number of the
> change?

Yes, it really should.

Details like this get listed in "HISTORY.txt" (the `case` form
apparently changed in v5.3.2), but no one ever reads "HISTORY.txt", and
we frequently forget to update it. Putting change information in the
documentation is clearly better.

Unless someone has an even better idea, I'll add a suitable form to
`scribble/manual` and start trying to record changes this way.

Matthew

Posted on the dev mailing list.