[racket-dev] Revising Racket's home page

From: Alexander McLin (alex.mclin at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 09:00:29 EDT 2013

The new design looks good on my iPhone and on desktop. It is a good
improvement over the old site.

To add to Neil's comment about dividing into two sections for experienced
programmers and educational outreach for aspiring programmers. One issue I
often see with others when talking about Racket is that they think it's
just an educational platform for middle school to high school. They don't
realize it's also a full service serious language for serious programming.
I think the web redesign should spend some effort on emphasizing that part.

However, although HTDP is intended for beginners, I still bought it anyway
as my introduction to Racket and to rework and improve my habits. It is
still good resource even for experienced people, so I'd hate to see it
hidden away behind a "For Beginner" button. I'm not sure whether
segregating completely the advanced and beginner materials is the right way
to do it.

Alex