[racket-dev] Updating dependency packages from other sources

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 15 11:07:07 EDT 2013

On 2013-08-15 08:19:06 -0600, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> As for what we could do going forward, I think either of these
> approaches could be 'automated'.

Yes, that'd be great.

> For instance, we could add a command like
>
> $ raco pkg replace x11 new-x11-source
>
> This would behave like either of those (which would be invisible to the user).
>
> Do you have any opinions about how you'd want to do this replacement?

Maybe `raco pkg install` can have an additional flag that lets you
replace existing packages? Or maybe it should allow conflicts if the
package has the same name as an already installed package (possibly
prompting/warning the user)?

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.